What is Monitoring?
Monitoring is the Board of Nursing's disciplinary monitoring program for chemically dependent nurses who enter into the program by Consent Agreement or Board Order.
How do nurses get transferred to the Monitoring program?
- Unsuccessful completion of CANDO program
- Licensure Renewal/Endorsement/Application
What is the purpose/intent of the Monitoring program?
To provide for the public’s safety and welfare through treatment and monitoring of chemically dependent nurses.
What are the components of the Consent Agreement?
- Length of time for the agreement varies from 12 months to 60 months.
- Chemical Dependency Treatment
- AA/NA Attendance
- Nurse Recovery Group Attendance
- Random Drug Screening
- Abstain from all potentially addicting drugs, including alcohol
- Nursing Employer/School of Nursing Involvement
- Work Restrictions
- Medical Care Provider Involvement
- Pharmacy Profiles
- Quarterly Reports
How do I find out more about Monitoring?
By calling the Arizona State Board of Nursing's Monitoring Program at (602) 771-7800.
Document and Form Downloads
Note: These forms are for Monitoring participants only.