RN/LPN/AP Renewal Instructions
Renewal fee is $160.00
Additional Convenience Fee of $3.00 (online only)
- $50.00 Late Fee per month up to a total fee of $200.00.
Important: If your application s post-dated by the Board on May 2nd or after, and you have worked after May 2nd of the renewal year a late fee is due plus a completed Late/Invalid License Questionnaire.
- No fee is required for inactive status.
- Fees may be paid by check or money order payable to the Arizona State Board of Nursing.
- All Personal Checks must be pre-printed with your name and address or they will be returned. Out of country checks will not be accepted.
- $25.00 fine for renewals returned to the Board because of an incorrect address.
- $50.00 fee for all checks returned for insufficient funds. In addition, non-payment will result in an invalid license.
Late/Invalid License Questionnaire
Click here to download the Late/Invalid License Questionnaire. (PDF)
Advanced Practice Nurses (APRN)
If you are an Advanced Practice Nurse Practitioner/Certified Nurse Midwife/ Clinical Nurse Specialist, certification will expire when your RN license expires.
NOTE: Official verification or certification including issue and expiration dates with category/specialty, must be provided directly to the board by the credentialing agency. If available, online verification directly from the agency is acceptable.
Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetists (CRNA)
If you are a CRNA that privilege expires when your RN license expires. The Board must receive official certification/re-certification from the National Board on Certification & Re-certification of Nurse Anesthetists in order for you to renew your CRNA privileges.
NOTE: Arizona State Board of Nursing will obtain online verification directly from the National Board on Certification & Re-certification of Nurse Anesthetists.
Temporary License for Refresher Course
Refresher candidates who do not hold an active Arizona license and are seeking a temporary license must obtain a temporary license "For Refresher Course Only" before attending clinicals. Click here to download the Temporary License for Refresher Course Only packet. (PDF)