An Advanced Practice (AP) nurse is defined as a Registered Nurse Practitioner (RNP), a Certified Nurse Midwife (CNM), a Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS), and a Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA).
Applications & Forms
Applications and forms for applying for Advanced Practice Certification can be found on the Applications & Forms page.
- 2015 Board AZBN Opioid Problem
- 2015 Board Prescription Monitoring Programs
- Board Approved Specialty Certification Areas and Examinations
- White Paper - Registered Nurse Practitioner Practicing in an Acute Care Setting
- Annotated Bibliography RNP in Acute Care Setting
- Arizona Opioid Prescribing Guidelines
- Emergency Department Controlled Substance Prescribing
- Dispensing Controlled Substances
Clinical Nurse Specialist
Prescribing and Dispensing Authority