The Death Certificate Education page is an educational module for completing the Cause of Death Section of the Arizona Death Certificate.
Instructions for Nurse Practitioners
There are 2 steps required to complete the Nurse Practitioner Death Certificate Education requirements for the Arizona State Board of Nursing:
- Read all documents and linked web pages within the Required Readings section below. This system has been designed to track which documents have been opened for reading.
- Complete the evaluation listed under the Required Evaluation section below.
Required Readings (Step 1):
- Introduction and Objectives
- Physicians' Handbook on Medical Certification of Death
From the National Center for Health Statistics, (PHS) 87-1108. 36 pp. (Reprinted 2003)
- Instructions for Completing the Cause-of-Death Section of the Death Certificate
- Completing the Cause of Death Section of the Arizona Death Certificate
- Reporting Surgical Deaths
- Fetal Death Processing: Part I, II, IV & Fetal Fields to Remember
- Possible Solutions to Common Problems in Death Certification
- Tutorial from the National Association of Medical Examiners (NAME)
- Reporting Elder Abuse
- Reporting Child Abuse