RN/LPN Renewal of licensure is when you hold an Arizona license and apply to renew the license every 4 years.
What You Need to Know
- Nurses previously licensed in AZ must reapply by renewal, not by endorsement.
- ARIZONA IS A COMPACT STATE. If your Primary State of Residency is in another Compact State do not apply for licensure in Arizona unless you are declaring Arizona as your Primary State of Residency. Primary Stateof Residency is defined as where you vote, pay taxes and hold a driver’s license. For the list of compact states go to www.ncsbn.org/nlc.htm.
- To renew online, go to My Services.
Renewal applicants must meet one of the following practice requirements:
- Practiced as a nurse for 960 hours or more in the past 5 years (See the 960 hour / 5 year practice requirement FAQs for more information) OR
- Graduated from a nursing program and obtained a degree within past 5 years OR
- Completed an Arizona Board approved refresher course in the past 5 years OR
- Obtained an advanced nursing degree in the past 5 years (i.e. LPN to RN, RN to BSN, masters, or doctorate).
Applications & Forms
To renew your Nursing license, visit My Services to renew online. You will have the opportunity at the end of the renewal application process to print your own license. Be sure to have a printer ready and the free Adobe Acrobat Reader installed.
Questions About the Application Process
Many questions about the application process can be answered by visiting the RN / LPN License Renewal FAQs section of our website. If you still have questions after reading the FAQs, then please submit your question using the form found on our Contact page.