ADVANCED PRACTICE COMMITTEE
CALL FOR MEMBERS
The Advance Practice Committee is currently recruiting advanced practices nurses who are interested in volunteering to serve on the Advanced Practice Advisory Committee for a two-year term beginning June 2017 through June 2019.
The committee has a rich and diverse membership, which includes practitioners from various population foci and specialties throughout the state. Examples of the work produced by the committee may be found on the Arizona State Board of Nursing website at www.azbn.gov under the Resources tab and then under Advanced Practice Committee and Advisory Opinions.
The purpose of the Advanced Practice Committee is to provide recommendations to the Arizona State Board of Nursing on issues involving Advanced Practice.
1. Clarify and articulate regulatory sufficiency of the four Advanced Practice roles and recommend changes to the Nurse Practice Act and rules.
2. Develop recommendations for Advisory Opinions related to Advanced Practice
3. Review national trends in regulation of Advanced Practice and make recommendations to the Board.
4. Evaluate the APRN Model Compact and make recommendations to the Board of its impact on the APRN regulatory process.
5. Collaborate with other Board committees on matters of mutual interest.
The committee meets a minimum of three times per year, usually in January, May, and September. The meetings are generally held from 1pm – 3pm in the Board Room at the Arizona Board of Nursing, located at 4747 North 7th Street, Suite 200, in Phoenix.
If you are interested in applying to serve as a volunteer on the AZBN Advanced Practice Committee, please submit your resume by e-mail [email protected] or U.S. mail to Janeen Dahn PhD, FNP-C Arizona State Board of Nursing, 4747 N. 7th Street, Suite 200, Phoenix, Arizona 85014 by March 15, 2017. Interviews will be conducted in March and April. The Board will appoint new and returning committee members at the May 2017 Board Meeting.