Board of Nursing
The mission of the Arizona State Board of Nursing is to protect and promote the welfare of public by ensuring that each person holding a nursing license or certificate is competent to practice safely. The Board fulfills its mission through the regulation of the practice of nursing and the approval of nursing education programs. The mission, derived from the Nursing Practice Act, supersedes the interest of any individual, the nursing profession, or any special interest group.
Visit our website at http://www.azbn.gov
ADVANCED PRACTICE CONSULTANT
LOCATION:4747 North 7th Street, Suite 200 - Phoenix, Arizona 85014
The Arizona State Board of Nursing is searching for a full-time Advanced Practice Nurse Consultant to conduct investigations of alleged violations of the Nurse Practice Act and Board rules and regulations by Advanced Practice Nurses and participate in informal conferences and formal disciplinary hearings. Advanced Practice Nurse Consultants will prepare investigative reports for Board Member Review and will recommend options when there is a potential violation of the Nurse Practice Act.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR THE AZ STATE BOARD OF NURSING
APRN skills include:
- Advanced assessment, diagnosing, prescribing (medications and diagnostics) and developing a medical plan of care, all of which is not included in RN education, scope, knowledge, skills, or abilities.
- Must be knowledgeable in clinical standards of practice (national guidelines) and standards of care (what a reasonable clinician would do under similar circumstances), which fall outside the scope and understanding of an RN.
- Advance knowledge to be able to lecture on advanced practice care as well as serve as an expert witness in administrative hearings.
- Capable to conduct investigations of Nurse Practitioners, RNs, LPNs and applicants for licensure and for whom a complaint has been received/reported. Requires knowledge of advanced practice nursing standards of care, standards of practice, knowledge and applicability of the Nurse Practice Act and other healthcare related statutes and regulations, knowledge of the methods, techniques/principles for conducting investigations, interviewing and writing investigative reports.
- Must be certified as an advanced practice registered nurse in the state of Arizona and nationally certified.
- Desired candidates must have knowledge related to advanced practice, addiction, alcoholism, substance use disorders, and chemical dependence OR knowledge related to specialty practice, primary care, chronic illness, disease processes, controlled substance prescription monitoring program, knowledge of prescriptive authority and national guidelines as it relates to AP practice.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, the ability to objectively obtain and analyze information, knowledge and applicability of the nurse practice act including scope of practice and standards of care.
- Successful candidates will have the ability to learn or have knowledge of investigative methods and experience conducting investigations, writing investigative reports and testifying at hearings as an expert witness preferred.
- Minimum 5 years' experience as an APRN.
- Must have a minimum of a Master's Degree in Nursing and an active and good standing RN license, Active and in good standing APRN state certificate and national certification, excellent written and oral communication skills, effective time management skills, and analytical abilities.
The State of Arizona will provide the following to you:
- Competitive salary
- A robust and very affordable insurance plan to include medical, dental, life, short-term and long-term disability options
- A top-ranked retirement program with 100% employer matched contribution
- 10 paid holidays per year
- Accrued vacation and sick days
- Work-life balance and additional options for life betterment such as: deferred compensation, credit union membership, and a wellness program
- Rewarding work that impacts the people of Arizona
Candidates for this position will be required to submit to a criminal history investigation.
Arizona State Government is an EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.
All newly hired employees will be subject to E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification.