What we do:
The Education Department provides relevant regulatory information to nursing programs, nursing students as well as the public.
The Board of Nursing regulates the following types of education programs:
|Program Type||Number of Programs Regulated|
|Associate Degree Nursing (ADN)||22|
|Baccalaureate Degree (BSN)||10|
|Masters Level (MSN)||1|
|Advanced Practice Registered Nursing (APRN)||7|
|Licensed Practical Nursing (LPN)||4|
|Nursing Assistant (CNA or LNA)||109|
|Distance Learning Programs||13|
Just a few other things we do:
- Review program applications and program changes
- Complete education program site visits
- Conduct investigations of programs based on complaints (Self-reports, Complainants, Board Initiated)
- Monitor nursing education program trends including NCLEX reports and On-Time Graduation reports
- Administer LPN Scope of Practice Test
- Maintains and updates the AZBN Nurse Practice Act Test (last update 2018)
- Facilitate rule review with Education Committee and make recommendations to the Board
- Facilitate and support evidence based regulation and research
- Facilitate bi-monthly Education Committee meetings
- Facilitate communication / collaboration amongst Arizona education programs
- Annual Deans and Directors Meeting
- Monthly conference calls with nursing programs and nursing assistant programs
- Annual Nursing Assistant Educators Conference
Looking for something?
Click on the category to get you there quick:
Approved Program Lists
NCLEX Reports (Pass Rates)
Nursing Assistant or Medication Assistant Program Resources
Nursing Program Resources (Includes APRN, Pre-Licensure and Refresher Courses)
Programs with Current Violations
Who do you call when you need help?
Kathy Malloch, PhD, MBA, RN, FAAN (602-771-7803)
Associate Director of Education and Evidence Based Research
Dr. Malloch has over 40 years of nursing expertise. She served as the President/Vice President/Member of the Board of Nursing from 1998-2012. Kathy is on the editorial board and is a manuscript reviewer for over five journals. She has written over 110 articles and published 12 nursing leadership and innovation books. In her spare time she enjoys traveling.
Lyn Ledbetter (602-771-7856)
Administrative Assistant II
Lyn has been working as an Administrative Assistant for over 20 years- She has been with the Board of Nursing since November 2014. She is a huge Seattle Seahawks fan and a proud mother of one son.
Cindy George, RN, BSN (602-771-7857)
Nurse Practice Consultant for Nursing Assistant and Medication Assistant Programs as well as LPN and Refresher Course Programs
Cindy has been a Registered Nurse for over 30 years. She spent 27 years in NICU and she was a Nursing Assistant Instructor for over 3 years. She has been with the Board of Nursing since May 2016. She is a proud Mother and Grandmother.
Amy Steinbinder, PhD, RN, NE-BC (602-771-7877)
Education Program Administrator for RN, BSN, MSN, APRN Nursing Programs
Amy has been with the Board of Nursing since July of 2017. She has held various roles including Service Excellence Administrator, Patient Safety Officer, Senior Director of Nursing Systems, Director of Professional Practice and Organizational Development Consultant. She is committed to creating safe patient care environments that support the practice of professional nursing.
Education Program Administrator
Dave joined Arizona Board of Nursing in September 2017. He has over four decades’ experience as a nurse, consultant, and educator. As a long-time nursing educator in Arizona and Ohio, he is passionate about developing the next generation of nurses and understanding the education needs of Arizona.
To submit a new complaint about an Education Program approved by the Arizona State Board of Nursing, please click the "SUBMIT A COMPLAINT" button below.