RN programs provide students with the education and training necessary to qualify for licensure as a registered nurse and are offered as part of either an associate’s degree or bachelor’s degree program.
LPN programs provide students with the education and training necessary to qualify for licensure as a practical nurse. Practical nurses work under the direction and supervision of a registered nurse or physician.
Welcome Kathy Malloch
Effective September 2nd, 2016 Pamela Randolph retired after 17 years of service at the Board of Nursing. We appreciate her knowledge/ contributions to the nursing field and wish her the best in retirement.
We are pleased to announce that Kathy Malloch, PhD, MBA, RN, FAAN has stepped into the position of Associate Director of Education and Evidence Based Regulation. Dr. Malloch served as the President/Vice President/Member of the Board of Nursing from 1998-2012. She brings over 40 years of nursing expertise. Since 1998 she has been on faculty at ASU, College of Nursing & Healthcare Innovation and currently serves as Professor of Practice for Innovation and Leadership. She is also Clinical Professor at Ohio State University, College of Nursing. Kathy is on the editorial board or is a manuscript reviewer for over five journals including Nursing Administration Quarterly and is Associate Editor for Nursing Forum Journal. She has written over 110 articles and published 12 nursing leadership and innovation books.
She brings experience and a proven track record of success in the education and regulation, which will be invaluable in meeting the board’s mission and education goals and objectives.
We are very excited to have her join our team. All phone calls questions will be routed thru her administrative assistant, Lyn Ledbetter.
The following is a list of all programs and course descriptions currently approved by the Arizona State Board of Nursing. While the programs appearing on this list are under a four (4) year approval period, be advised that some programs may not be offering classes at this time. Please telephone the program to ascertain when classes are being held.
Applications & Forms
- Application for Full Approval or Renewal of Approval of Board Approved Nursing Programs
- Application for Program Change
- Certificate Authority
- Clinical Committment Form
- Education Complaint Intake Form
- Proposal Application Packet
- Provisional Application Packet
- Provisional Approval Site Visit Self Study Worksheet
- Self-Study Guidlines
Board Policies & Position Papers
- Board Approval of Concurrent Enrollment Programs
- Credits / Length of Associate Degree Nursing Programs - White Paper
- Minimum Pediatric Clinical Competencies in an Approved RN Program
- Notification of Program Status
- Policy on Program Survey Visits with Potential Rule Violations
- Position Paper on Concurrent Accreditation / Approval Site Visits
- Submission of Materials to Education Committee
- Substantive Policy Statement - Changes in Credit Hours for Pre-Licensure Nursing Programs
Clinical Placements in Arizona
- Annual Report 2015
- Annual Report Data 2015
- Annual Report 2014
- Annual Report Data 2014
- Annual Report 2013
- 2010 Final Report of Newly Licensed RNs
- 2011 Final Report of Newly Licensed RNs
- 2012 Final Report of Newly Licensed RNs
- 2013 Final Report of Newly Licensed RNs
- 2014 Final Report of Newly Licensed RNs
- AZNA Clinical Coordination
- Comparison of RN & LPN Standards Related to Scope
- Letter to Out-of-State Requests
- Nursing Administrator 2013
- Nursing Program Changes In Mission and Goals
- Nursing Student Retention
- Preparing for a Site Visit
- Program Resources
- Regulation of Nursing Programs
- Veteran's / LPN Bridge Course