What are the requirements for licensure by examination?
U.S. Educated Applicants
- RN applicants hold a Diploma, Associate Degree or Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing from an approved program. LPN applicants hold a Diploma or Certificate from an approved program. View the list of RN / LPN exceptions.
- Passing score on the NCLEX exam.
- Arizona Graduates – Certificate of Completion from an approved nursing program.
- Graduates of out of state schools – Transcripts, including graduation dates and type of degree, sent by your school to the Arizona State Board of Nursing.
- Board approval for applicants who are under investigation.
Foreign Educated Applicants (Including Canada and Puerto Rico)
View Foreign Educated Requirements for application requirements.