Community Update Meeting
Project Title: Student Nurse/New Graduate Clinical Placements & Preceptor Training Pilot Grant Program
The Arizona Legislature approved HB 2691 / ARS 36-1803: Student Nurse Clinical Rotation and Licensed or Certified Nurse Training Pilot Program to expand the capacity of preceptor training programs at health care institutions, including assisted living facilities, centers or nursing care institutions for nursing students and newly licensed or certified nurses.
APPROVED BY THE GOVERNOR JUNE 29, 2022.
- $25 million annually for three years of state dollars
- Program funds allocated from AHCCCS to Arizona Board of Nursing
- Eligible entities: licensed health care institutions (HCIs)
- Proposals from HCIs may be for one year or multiple years
- Factors to determine grant awards shall include:
- Geographic and population distribution
- Number of new nurses or nursing assistants planned to be trained and retained
- Cost of the program compared to other program proposals.
- Use of evidence in program design
AZBN will provide the infrastructure, implementation, oversight, reporting, and evaluation of the pilot grant program.
AZBN will develop the administrative infrastructure to create and accept grant application forms; approve and deny applications; monitor progress and compliance of the grant recipients, collect and analyze data, and provide guidance and expertise related to practice readiness.
The grant program’s purpose shall be to increase the placements of student nurses/new grad nurses and nursing assistants in clinical rotations, increase and enhance preceptor training and increase the number and retention of nurses and nursing assistants in the state of Arizona.
Board consultants will oversee the Arizona Health Care Workforce, Grant Program 36-1803.
- Kathy Malloch, PhD, MBA, RN, FAAN
- Kathy Scott, PhD, MPA, RN, FACHE
- Tim Porter O’Grady, DM, EdD, APRN, FAAN, FACCWS
For additional information please email [email protected].
|Abrazo Health||Preceptor Training|
|Banner Health||New Grad Residency|
|Banner Health||Perioperative NTS Program|
|Cobre Valley||Cardiac Cath Lab Training|
|Cobre Valley||Enhanced Clinical Rotation|
|Dignity Health||New Grad Residency|
|Dignity Health||Clinical Rotation|
|Honor Health||Clinical Rotation (Students)|
|Lifepoint Health||Clinical Rotation RN|
|Mayo Health||New Grad Residency|
|Northern Arizona Healthcare||New Nurse Clinical Rotation|
|Oasis Behavioral Health||Preceptor Training|
|Phoenix Childrens||Combo (Both Preceptor and Residency)|
|San Carlos||New Grad Residency (and Preceptor)|
|San Carlos||New APRN (and Preceptor)|
|Wickenburg Community Hospital||Clinical Rotation-Nursing Assistant|
|Yuma Regional Medical Center-RN||Preceptor Training and RN Clinical Rotations|