Project Title: Student Registered Nurse Anesthetist Clinical Rotation Program
The Student Registered Nurse Anesthetist Clinical Rotation Program is designed to significantly enhance the training and development opportunities available to nurse anesthetists across the state. This effort has been made possible by an allocation of $450,000 from the State General Fund for the establishment of the Student Registered Nurse Anesthetist Clinical Rotation Program.
A panel of Nurse Anesthesia education and practice experts will review all applications and proposals. The selection process will be based on the following criteria:
- Feasibility and viability of the SRNA teaching program proposal.
- Ability to provide required specialty rotations.
- Potential impact of the program on Certified Registered Nurse Anesthesia education in Arizona.
- Commitment to retention and mentorship of SRNAs throughout their training and employment after graduation and board certification.
The successful applicants will be notified via email.
- Expand the scope of clinical specialties available for SRNAs in Arizona.
- Foster partnerships between healthcare institutions and educational entities to enhance learning opportunities for SRNAs.
- Strengthen the workforce of Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetists in the state to meet the growing demands of the healthcare industry.
- Improve retention rates of SRNAs in Arizona, increasing patient access to high-quality care.
To be eligible for this grant, healthcare institutions must meet the following criteria:
- Be located within the state of Arizona.
- Have an existing Student Registered Nurse Anesthetist teaching program or demonstrate plans to establish one.
- Demonstrate the capability to provide the required specialty rotations.
- Showcase a commitment to advancing the education and training of SRNAs and providing a pathway to employment with mentorship throughout the first years of clinical practice
We are confident that this grant initiative will lead to significant advancements in Nurse Anesthesia education and contribute to a more robust healthcare workforce in our state. We encourage all eligible healthcare institutions to take advantage of this opportunity and submit their applications.
Board consultants will oversee the SRNA Clinical Rotation, Grant Program 36-1811.
- Kathy Malloch, PhD, MBA, RN, FAAN
- Kathy Scott, PhD, MPA, RN, FACHE
- Tim Porter O’Grady, DM, EdD, APRN, FAAN, FACCWS
For additional information please email [email protected].