- Submission of an LHA Initial application via the Nurse Portal
- Proof of satisfactory completion of a Board-approved LHA training program within the past 2 years (submitted to the Board by the program upon successful completion)
- Proof of satisfactory completion of an LHA competency exam (submitted to the Board by the program upon successful completion)
- Proof of United States citizenship or alien status as specified in A.R.S. 41-1080
- Proof of relationship to the patient, patient's age, and patient's ALTCS enrollment status (through the ALTCS Verification form)
All fees are in U.S. Dollars and are non-refundable. The application fee is $50.00 (plus a required $3.00 convenience fee for the online application).
Your application status can be reviewed by logging into your Nurse Portal account.
The Board is required to process applications for licensure within certain time periods, per Nurse Practice Act R4-19-102. Applicable statute and section: A.R.S § 32-1606(B)(11); R4-19-809.
|Board Overall Time Frame Without Investigation||120|
|Board Overall Time Frame With Investigation||270|
|Board Administrative Completeness Review Time Frame||30|
|Applicant Time to Respond to Deficiency Notice||270|
|Board Substantive Review Time Frame Without Investigation||90|
|Board Substantive Review Time Frame With Investigation||240|
|Applicant Time to Respond to Comprehensive Written Request||150|
When you submit an application, the Board will send you a deficiency notice identifying any elements of the application process which remain outstanding. If you fail to respond to a deficiency notice within the applicable time period, your application will be withdrawn. After withdrawal, if you are still interested in obtaining licensure you would need to submit a new application and applicable fee.
A licensee, applicant or a certified nursing assistant who legally changes names must notify the Board within 30 days of any name change. The applicant shall submit a copy of any official document evidencing the name change.
Name changes and address changes are now made using the Arizona Nurse Portal.
Provide documentation to verify license/certificate holder’s previous name (i.e. birth certificate, a social security card, marriage license, divorce decree, High School diploma) and documentation that verifies the licensee/certificate holder’s current name (i.e. divorce decree, driver’s license, social security card, marriage license).