48 Hour Emergency Temporary License
The board is processing applications for 48-hour emergency temporary licenses for those persons verified to begin work within seven days.
48 Hour Emergency Licenses are available to RNs and LPNs who have an active, unencumbered license in another state. The process applicants must adhere to be eligible for 48 Hour Emergency License are:
- Complete an application through the online Nurse Portal, submit all required documents, pay all fees and send a message through the Message Center requesting a 48-hour Emergency Temporary License.
- Submit a completed fingerprint card in person or by mail.
- Must have a job offer letter dated within 7 days of the start date. Applicant's name must be in the letter, with the start date, on the letterhead of the facility.
- Upload lawful presence documents and photo identification.
- Must have 960 hours of nursing practice within the last 5 years.
- Foreign educated nurse applicant must have a copy of the Visa screen or CGFNS with the CGFNS ID number.
- May not have a “Yes” answer to disciplinary questions on the application.
- May not have had disciplinary action in another state conditioning or limiting the license as verified through national data base or NURSYS.