I. FUNCTIONAL TITLE: Associate Director of Nursing Education Programs & Evidenced Based Based Regulation
II. DEFINITION: Directs the Nursing Programs under the general direction of the Executive Director with wide latitude for use of initiative and independent judgment. Work involves interpreting, administering and directing the enforcement of laws and rules pertaining to approval of nursing and nursing assistant programs, monitoring of the programs and examinations. Conducting research to inform policies.
- Licensed as a registered nurse in Arizona or eligible for licensure
- Graduate of an accredited college or university, holding at least a master’s degree in nursing Doctorate degree in nursing preferred.
- Educational preparation shall have included courses in administration, curriculum and teaching.
- Broad experience in various types of nursing positions and experience in nursing education.
- Successful executive level experience.
- Directly responsible to the Executive Director and accomplishes the functions outlined below in accordance with established rules, policies and directives.
- Collaborate closely with other agency departments as necessary for coordination of agency activities.
- Responsible for developing and overseeing implementation of the goals and objectives of the education department.
- Interview, hire and provide for the training and professional development needs of the department staff.
- Provide oversight to direct responses regarding questions related to complex licensure issues and nursing programs..
- Facilitate, staff and/or participate in inter/intra agency and external committees or task forces to review and develop rules, regulations, policies or position papers for the Board of Nursing.
- Confer and correspond with individuals and groups regarding board activities, education rules, particularly through reports or presentations.
- Serve as a resource to agency staff/board in matters pertaining to education, examinations, nursing practice and advanced practice registered nursing.
- Provide input into the development and modification of board rules and regulations.
VI. CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Refer to personnel policies for other conditions of employment.
- Exempt from Fair Labor Standards Act