What we do:
The Education Department provides relevant regulatory information to nursing programs, nursing students as well as the public.
The Board of Nursing regulates the following types of education programs:
Update on 10/27/21
|Program Type||Number of Programs Regulated|
|Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN)||12|
|Registered Nurse (pre-licensure)||41|
|Licensed Practical Nursing (LPN)||6|
|Nursing Assistant (CNA or LNA)||121|
|Medication Assistant (CMA)||18|
|Distance Learning Programs||54|
|Total Number of Programs Regulated||256|
Just a few other things we do:
- Review program applications and program changes
- Complete education program site visits
- Conduct investigations of programs based on complaints (Self-reports, Complainants, Board Initiated)
- Monitor nursing education program trends including NCLEX reports and On-Time Graduation reports
- Maintain and update the AZBN Nurse Practice Act Test (last update 2018)
- Facilitate rule review with Education Committee and make recommendations to the Board
- Facilitate and support evidence based regulation and research
- Facilitate bi-monthly Education Committee meetings
- Facilitate communication / collaboration amongst Arizona education programs
- Annual Deans and Directors Meeting
- Monthly conference calls with nursing programs and nursing assistant programs
- Annual Nursing Assistant Educators Conference
To submit a new complaint about an Education Program approved by the Arizona State Board of Nursing, please click the button at the bottom of the page.
Cindy George, RN, BSN
Education Program Administrator for Nursing Assistant and Medication Assistant Programs as well as LPN and Refresher Course Programs
Cindy has been a Registered Nurse for over 30 years. She spent 27 years in NICU and she was a Nursing Assistant Instructor for over 3 years. She has been with the Board of Nursing since May 2016. She is a proud Mother and Grandmother.
David P. Hrabe, PhD, RN, NC-BC
Education Program Administrator
Dave joined Arizona Board of Nursing in September 2017. He has over four decades’ experience as a nurse, consultant, and educator. As a long-time nursing educator in Arizona and Ohio, he is passionate about developing the next generation of nurses and understanding the education needs of Arizona.
Administrative Assistant III
Yolanda joined the Arizona Board of Nursing (AZBN) in March of 2022. Her Arizona public servant career began at the Department of Economic Security in 2020.
As an administrative assistant, Yolanda is excited to work closely with the Board and Committees and to help continue the mission of the Board, “to promote & protect the welfare of the public”.