Below are resources to access all Arizona State Statutes, Rules, and other governmental documents. The Nurse Practice Act is comprised of both statutes and rules (Arizona Administrative Code), listed separately below.
Statutes from the Nurse Practice ActStatutes
Rules for the State Board of NursingRules for the State Board of Nursing
- Enhanced-Nurse Licensure Compact - Statutes
- Enhanced-Nurse Licensure Compact Final Rules
- A.R.S. 32-1606(B)(17) and A.R.S. 32-1646(B)
- SB1096 - Felony Bar
- GRRC (Governmental Regulatory Review Commission)
- Arizona Secretary of State
- ALIS for additional information on legislation and other Arizona Government Activities
Nurse Practice Act Test
The Nurse Practice Act Test you are about to take was developed in 2006 by the Education Team from the statutes and rules of the Arizona State Board of Nursing Nurse Practice Act and revised in 2019 by a team of nursing faculty and nursing students. It consists of 50 multiple-choice items covering areas of the Nurse Practice Act considered essential to safe nursing practice in Arizona; the disciplinary process, professionalism, scope of practice, delegation, and board responsibilities.
The test may be used as a teaching-learning tool for nursing students, nurses new to practice in Arizona, and nurses desiring additional education in the practice of nursing in Arizona. The Board or a nurse-manager may also direct a nurse with a knowledge deficit in this area to take the test. The test may be taken with or without referring to the Nurse Practice Act. After completion of the test, your score will be sent to your e-mail address.
This test is the exclusive property and of the Arizona State Board of Nursing. The use of this test by the public is limited to educational purposes only. Any person taking this test agrees to the following:
- Not disclose any part of this test including the contents, answers, or otherwise provide an advantage to any other person who may take this test
- Not reproduce this test, any part of this test, or the score sheet except for the purpose of verification, without the express written permission of the Board
- Score sheets may be printed for the sole purpose of verifying completion of the test to an instructor or supervisor
By clicking the "TAKE THE TEST" button below, you agree to the above terms.