The Arizona State Board of Nursing's online verification system is a free service provided to the public for primary source verification. In addition to verifying licensure and certification through the online verification system, employers are encouraged to request a picture identification such as a driver's license or passport or Social Security card in order to verify the person's identity. Note: Accepting a photo copy of the license may not be a reliable verification that the person is licensed.
At this time, the Board will no longer post on its website "Complaint – Outcome Pending," under a regulated party's (nurse/CNA/educational program) profile when a possible disciplinary matter has been referred for formal hearing. The notice and record of the matter heard by the Board remains available in Board meeting agendas and minutes posted to the Board’s website.
A search of the Board’s meeting minutes can be done by entering the name of the individual or school in the search box of the Board’s website.
- What information is included in the online verification search results?
- Name of the licensee or certificate holder.
- License or certificate type.
- License or certificate number.
- Date license or certificate was originally issued.
- Actions taken by the Board of Nursing.
- Dismissed - Evidence does not support the case has merit or that there has been a violation of the Nurse Practice Act.
- Non-disciplinary Action - Includes Letter of Concern and Administrative Penalty within the past five years.
- Disciplinary Action - Includes Civil Penalty, Decree of Censure, Probation, Suspension, Revocation, and Voluntary Surrender within the past ten years from the close of disciplinary action. Disciplinary action taken more than ten years ago can be obtained by written request.
- The status of the license or certificate including whether the individual has multi-state privileges.
- Whether or not the individual has prescription privileges.
- Whether or not the individual has dispensing privileges.
- The individuals AP specialty type if any.
- Whether or not the individual has been fingerprinted by ASBN.
- Fingerprinting for all examination and endorsement applicants began on 1/2/99 and was not required before then.
- House Bill 2545
Effective August 9, 2010. This bill amended A.R.S. §32-3214 with regard to information posted on the website of a healthcare regulatory board. The Statute reads:
32-3214. Board actions; records; website; compliance deadline
- If a health profession regulatory board dismisses a complaint, the record of that complaint is available to that regulatory board and the public at all times but may not appear on the board's website. For the purposes of this subsection, "dismisses a complaint" means that a board does not issue a disciplinary or non-disciplinary order or action against a licensee or certificate holder.
- If a health profession regulatory board issues a non-disciplinary order or action against a licensee or certificate holder, the record of the non-disciplinary order or action is available to that board and the public at all times but may not appear on the board's website.
- If a health profession regulatory board issues an advisory letter or letter of concern or imposes a practice limitation, documentation of that action is available to that board and the public at all times and may appear on the board's website, regardless of whether the board defines the action as a disciplinary or nondisciplinary action.
- If a health profession regulatory board maintains a website, the board must display on its website a statement that a person may obtain additional public records related to any licensee or certificate holder, including dismissed complaints and non-disciplinary actions and orders, by contacting the board directly.
- This section does not prohibit a health profession regulatory board from conducting its authorized duties in a public meeting.
- A health profession regulatory board must comply with the requirements of this section on or before January 1, 2012.
- Nursys for Primary Source Verification
The Nursys licensure and disciplinary database is the repository of the data provided directly from Arizona State Board of Nursing and is primary source equivalent.
PROCESSING. PLEASE WAIT...